Juice Bar Orange Smoothie
This calcium rich smoothie makes a refreshing afternoon snack.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 strips orange zest, bitter white pith removed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup orange segments, cut into 1 - inch pieces
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 cup orange tangerine juice blend
- 1/2 cup powdered fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ice cubes
- Place orange zest and half the sugar in blender jar. Set on Low and blend for 10 - 15 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to blender jar in order listed; cover blender jar. Set on High and, cover and blend until smooth and slushy, about 20 - 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
calories 130 (2% from fat) carb 26g protein 6g fat 0g sat fat 0g chol 3mg sod 89mg calc 219mg fiber1g