1. Pick through crabmeat to make sure there are no shells; reserve in refrigerator.
2. Put a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the pan is hot and the olive oil shimmers across the pan, add the peppers, green onions and garlic. Sweat for at least 5 minutes, until the vegetables soften slightly; stir in the salt.
3. Remove the vegetables from the heat and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Once cool, add the vegetables to the crab meat. Add the eggs, panko, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, Dijon and seafood seasoning and a dash or two of hot sauce if desired.
4. Gently mix all ingredients together. The best way to mix the crab mixture is with clean hands; however, you can also mix with a spoon. Mix carefully to keep the crab meat intact.
5. Using a ¼ cup (60 ml) dry measuring cup, form the mixture into cakes and place them on a clean plate, separating the layers of cakes with wax paper if necessary. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour before cooking.
6. Dredge the crab cakes in remaining panko crumbs. Place the AirFryer Basket onto the Baking Pan. Put the cakes into the basket and spray liberally with olive oil.
7. Put the assembled pan into rack Position 2. Set the oven to AirFry at 400°F for 10 minutes. Cook until evenly browned. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutritional information per crab cake: Calories 220 (41% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 15g • fat 10g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 90mg sod. 500mg • calc. 106mg • fiber 1g