Makes six servings
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups milk or coconut milk (unsweetened, can use lowfat)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine water and sugar and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened and slushy, about 12 to 20 minutes, depending on thickness preferred. Transfer to tall glasses and serve with straws and a maraschino cherry garnish.
Nutritional information per serving:
calories 98 (68% from fat) carb 1g protein 6g fat 7g sat fat 2g chol 214mg sod 174mg calc 25mg fiber 0g
For an "adult" drink, use the coconut milk version and add 1/2-3/4 cup rum.