Avocado and Grapefruit Salad with Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
Makes 8 servings (2/3 cup vinaigrette)
- 1/3 cup walnut halves
- 8 grapes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ruby red grapefruits, peeled, cut into sections
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and cubed
- 10 cups mixed mesclun greens or other baby lettuces such as arugula, frisée, radicchio, etc
- Preheat Cuisinart® TOB-Series Toaster Oven Broiler to 350°F. Arrange the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast the walnuts until golden and fragrant, about 5 - 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the grapes in the work bowl of the Cuisinart® MiniPrep® Plus, pulse on Grind 10 times to chop. Add the lemon juice and balsamic vinegar, process on Chop until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the oils, process to emulsify, 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuces, grapefruit slices, and avocado pieces in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with half the dressing and toss to combine. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and garnish with toasted walnuts.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories 186 (73% from fat) • carb 11g • pro 2g • fat 16g • sat fat 2g • chol 0mg • sod 48mg • calc 36mg • fiber 4g
* If you have a smaller capacity food processor, cut the recipe in half or process apples in 2 batches.