While this tea is best prepared with half & half, reduced fat or soy milk may be substituted.
Makes six 6-ounce (177 mL) servings
- 4½ cups (1.06 L) half & half
- ½ tablespoon (7 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 12 bags black tea
- ½ teaspoon (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon (2 mL) ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 6 star anise pods
- 2 1x1-inch (2.5 x 2.5 cm) piece of peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) orange zest
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) honey
- Put half & half and vanilla into the blender jar. Set timer for 20 minutes and temperature on High until milk is hot and foamy. Stir mixture every few minutes.
- Once liquid is hot turn the unit off. Add tea, spices, ginger and zest. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon through the lid opening as the stir function will break up the tea.
- bags.Set timer for 10 to 15 minutes and temperature on Low to steep the ingredients.
- Once the tea has steeped, pour through a strainer and fully squeeze out tea from tea bags, reserving the tea and discarding the bags.
- Stir in tea and honey and serve.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 285 (64% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 6g • fat 21g • sat. fat 13g • chol. 67mg • sod. 76mg • calc. 199mg • fiber 0g
This recipe was prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: Blend and Cook Soup & Beverage Maker (SBC-1000C)