Fresh, homemade waffles make breakfast a special occasion. Freeze the extras to use when time is scarce.
Makes 24 waffles
- 6 cups (1.5 L) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 ml) plus 2 tablespoons (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons (7 ml) baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons (7 ml) salt
- 5¼ cups (1.3 L) lowfat milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) plus 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs
- Place ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine until well blended and smooth. Let batter rest 5 minutes before using. Preheat your Cuisinart® Waffle Iron on setting #3.
- When preheated, green indicator light will illuminate. Pour 2 cups (500 mL) batter evenly over the lower grid; spread batter using a heat-proof spatula to within ½ inch (1 cm) of the edge of the grid. Close lid of waffle iron – green indicator light will turn off. When green indicator light turns on again, waffle is ready. Open lid and carefully remove baked waffle. Repeat with remaining batter. For best results, serve immediately.
Nutritional information per waffle:
Calories 262 (44% from fat) • carb. 30g • pro. 7g • fat 13g • sat. fat 2g • chol. • 57mg • sod. 372mg • calc. 177mg • fiber 1g