Serve this creamy Mexican specialty with tortilla chips or crisp vegetables.
Makes 4-1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored, halved and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, stemmed, quartered and seeded
- 2 green onions (include 2 inches of green), cut in 1-inch lengths
- 6 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut in 1-inch pieces, reserve several pits
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Insert the metal blade. Pulse to chop the cilantro leaves, 10 times; remove and reserve.
- Pulse to chop the tomatoes; 10–15 times; remove and reserve.
- With the machine running, drop the garlic cloves and jalapeño peppers through the feed tube; process until minced, 10 seconds. Add the onion to the work bowl, process to chop, 10 seconds.
- Add the avocados, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and salt to the work bowl; process 30 seconds. Scrape the work bowl. Process for 30 seconds longer.
- Add the reserved chopped cilantro and tomato to the work bowl; pulse until just combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- If not serving immediately, place reserved pits into guacamole, then cover with a sheet of plastic wrap placed directly on the guacamole, pressing out any air bubbles on the surface. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories 216 (77% from fat) • carb. 11g • pro. 3g • fat 20g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 0mg • sod. 158mg • calc. 26mg • fiber 7g