Creamy Cole Slaw
Cole slaw only takes minutes to prepare when youdon’t have to slice the cabbage by hand.
Makes 10 cups
- 1/3 cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- 2 1-ounce pieces peeled onion
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 medium head green cabbage, about 2 pounds
- Process parsley with metal blade until minced. Add onion and process until minced.
- Add all remaining ingredients except carrot and cabbage and process 5 seconds to combine. Remove metal blade.
- Cut carrot in half crosswise. Core cabbage and cut it into wedges. Insert shredding disc and shred carrot, using firm pressure.
- Insert slicing disc and slice cabbage, using firm pressure. Add contents of work bowl to mixing bowl and toss to combine. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Before serving, drain excess liquid and adjust seasoning. Serve chilled.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 69 (76% from fat) • carb. 3g • pro. 1g • fat 6g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 3mg • sod. 111mg • calc. 25mg • fiber 1g