This colourful pasta dish is simple to prepare, even after work. The Parmesan and garlic complement the vegetables for a tasty main course.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots (4 ounces each), peeled
- 2 large zucchini (8 ounces each)
- 2 large yellow squash (8 ounces each)
- 2 large green peppers (6-7 ounces each)
- 2 large red bell peppers (6-7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- Insert metal "s" blade in Cuisinart® Food Processor. With machine running, drop cheese through small feed tube and process until finely chopped, about 20 seconds; reserve.
- Insert 4-mm slicing disc in Cuisinart® Food Processor. Cut carrots, zucchini and yellow squash to fit large feed tube. Place carrots in large feed tube, slice using firm pressure; reserve. Place zucchini and yellow squash in large feed tube, slice using medium pressure; reserve. Remove stem and seeds from peppers, cut each into 3 slabs. Arrange slabs in large feed tube, slice using light pressure; reserve.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a Cuisinart® 5-1/2 quart sauté pan or stir-fry pan. Brown whole garlic cloves, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning over once; discard garlic. Add carrots; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add remaining vegetables, salt and pepper. Stir-fry until just tender, about 4 minutes longer. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook until vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Serve immediately over hot, cooked pasta. Toss to combine. Garnish with reserved Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
calories 163 (46% from fat) • carb 15g • protein 9g • fat 9g • sat fat 3g • chol 13mg • sod 539mg • calc 210mg • fiber 4g