Brie & Mushroom Fondue
- 3/4 ounce mixed dried exotic or porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 pounds Brie*
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ounce shallot, peeled
- 6 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2-1/2 cups dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc recommended)
- Rinse the dried mushrooms and place in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water and let stand 20 minutes, until softened. Drain, squeeze dry, and chop finely. Reserve.
- Use a sharp knife or vegetable peeler to remove the rind from the Brie. Cut or tear into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss with cornstarch and refrigerate while preparing the remainder of the recipe.
- Insert the metal blade in the Cuisinart® Food Processor. With the machine running, drop the shallot through the small feed tube and process for 5 seconds to chop. Scrape the work bowl and add the mushrooms, pulse until finely chopped, about 20 pulses.
- Melt the butter in the Cuisinart® Fondue Pot using Setting 4-1/2 - 5-1/2. Add the chopped shallots and fresh mushrooms. Stir and cook the mushrooms until they give up their liquid, and are lightly browned, about 3 - 4 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to Setting 3-1/2 - 4-1/2 and gradually stir in the cornstarch coated Brie bits, a handful at a time, stirring constantly with a plastic or coated whisk. Stir and blend completely before adding the next handful. When all the cheese is added, stir in the minced rehydrated mushrooms.
- Serve with crusty bread cubes.
Nutrition information per serving:
calories 98 (68% from fat) • carb 1g • protein 6g • fat 7g • sat fat 2g • chol 214mg • sod 174mg • calc 25mg • fiber 0g
*For ease, cut into wedges and freeze for 30 minutes before starting this recipe.