Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
The fruit and nut stuffing compliments the delicious pork flavour.
Makes 4 servings
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup dried pitted apricots
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 4 boneless loin pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place rack in Cuisinart® Toaster Oven Broiler in position B and preheat oven to 325°F. on the Bake setting. Press the Stop/Start button.
- Arrange pecan halves in baking pan in a single layer. Bake in preheated oven until fragrant, about 8 - 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly. Place the broiling rack in the baking pan in the lower position and lightly coat broiling rack with vegetable oil cooking spray. Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Place toasted pecans and apricots in a Cuisinart® Mini Prep® Processor fitted with the sharp blade. Process on Lo speed until coarsely chopped, about 15 - 20 seconds. Add apricot preserves and mustard; pulse on Lo speed until combined.
- Use a sharp pointed knife to make a 3 inch slit in each pork chop. Make the inside pocket larger than the slit. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff each pork chop with 2 - 3 tablespoons of the stuffing mixture.
- Arrange pork chops in single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes; turn and bake until juices are clear and meat is no longer pink, about 20 minutes longer. Internal temperature should be 165F. Press Stop/Start button. Set oven to Broil setting. Press Stop/Start button. Broil, keeping door ajar, until tops are golden brown. Press Stop/Start button.
calories 98 (68% from fat) • carb 1g • protein 6g • fat 7g • sat fat 2g • chol 214mg • sod 174mg • calc 25mg • fiber 0g