Traditonal Caesar Dressing is made with a "coddled egg", and may not be considered food safe. Here we substitute cooked egg yolks to get that creamy consistency. The remaining cooked egg white may be finely chopped to add to your salad.
Makes 14 tablespoons
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cider or wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste or mashed anchovy
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash Tabasco® or other hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup good quality olive oil
- Place the egg yolks in the work bowl of a Cuisinart® MiniPrep. Pulse to chop, 5 times. Add the vinegar, cheese, mustard, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco®, salt, and pepper. Process to blend, 20 seconds. Add the oil and process until emulsified and creamy, 30 to 40 seconds. Place in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Keeps 5 days refrigerated.
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon):
calories 120 (95% from fat) • carb 1g • protein 1g • fat 13g • sat fat 2g • chol 47mg • sod 20mg • calc 15mg • fiber 0g