Blueberry Oat Buttermilk Pancakes
Makes 16 pancakes
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/3 cups rolled l (regular, not quick oats)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place the blueberries in a small bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the flour, toss to coat; reserve. Preheat the Cuisinart™ Griddler™ in the open griddle position to 350°F.
- Place the remaining flour, oats, wheat flour, brown sugar (break up any lumps), baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Place the buttermilk, eggs and oil in a small bowl; stir. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk until blended. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- When the Griddler™ is hot, drop the batter onto the Griddler using a scant quarter cup measure. Bake the pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes, when pancakes are bubbling on the top, turn and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Blueberry Oat Pancakes are best served hot. Pancakes can be kept warm by placing them on a rack on a baking sheet in a slow (175-200°F) oven while baking the remainder.
- Serve with warm syrup and butter as desired.
Nutrition Information per pancake:
calories 121 (29% from fat) • carb 18g • protein 4g • fat 4g • sat fat 1g • chol 28mg • sod 184 mg • calc 47mg • fiber 1g