| || |
Use your browsers print button to print this recipe out and cut along the dotted lines.
|Citrus Marinated Roasted Salmon over Citrus Fennel Slaw
- 4 6oz pieces of salmon fillet
4 tsp salt
2 large fennel bulbs, cut in half through the core and finely sliced using your Cuisinart™ Elite Series Food Processor. Use the slicing disc on setting number 2
1/2 red onion, washed, peeled and shredded in your Cuisinart™ Elite Series Food Processor using the fine shredding disc
2 tsp salt
1 bunch fresh chives, sliced
For the marinade:
Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days
4 cloves garlic washed and peeled
2 oranges washed, zested and juiced
1 lemon washed, zested and juiced
1 lime washed, zested and juiced
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Using the small bowl and chopping blade chop the garlic by pulsing a couple of times.
- Add the orange, lemon and lime juices, the zest and honey.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil and add the black pepper.
For the salmon:
- Gently poke the flesh of the salmon all over with a fork. Pour half the marinade over and let sit for 2 hours.
- Season with 1 tsp of salt.
- Preheat a convection oven to 400 degrees and roast salmon for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pieces.
For the fennel slaw:
- Toss the fennel and red onion with the remaining salt and let cure for 20 minutes.
- Pour over remaining citrus marinade/dressing and toss until coated.
- Divide the fennel slaw on four plates. Place a mound in the center of the plate and place the roasted salmon on top of the fennel.
- Sprinkle with the fresh chives and serve with whole wheat pita.
Most importantly, dig in!